A new version of Salt Theme is out now. There are a few pretty cool features included in this update:
- Social icons to link to your social pages
- Use an image in your blog header
- Change the color of the blog title text
All of these updates can be controlled in the WordPress Customizer, so after you have updated to Salt 1.1.0 you will see some new options (just like on the right here).
Customize Your Blog Header
You can pretty much upload any header image, but the best ones should be around 1300 × 240 pixels.
Social Media Links
For the social media, Salt Theme currently supports the following social media accounts:
So open the Customizer > Click on “Social” > Add links to your Facebook page or Twitter account under “Social Links”
Once your links have been added, you can change the look & feel of the social links, including:
- The position: At the top or bottom of your blog, stuck to the right or left and next to the menu bar.
- Change the shape – square, circle or without a backgroud
- Use black, white or color icons
- And change the size of the icons.
Here are some examples:
With all these options you should be able to customize your blog and make it more unique to your own style.
In the upcoming versions I will be adding more features to allow you to customize your blog!